Proposed Master Site Plan
The Master Site Plan Committee recommends a 15-year master site plan for Anastasia Baptist Church at 1650 A1A South to include: increased parking; a family ministry building with indoor multipurpose/recreation space; covered drop-off attached to the sanctuary, and re-located offices; and that the layout as illustrated be adopted as the plan for future expansion at this site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do We Need A New Site Plan?
In the process of casting the M28 Vision, some real needs surfaced. These included the need for additional parking and the need for more secure and updated children’s ministry space. Out of this process and a subsequent Family Ministry Task Group recommendation, the Master Site Plan Committee was formed to see how to best meet these needs on our current site.
What Would Be the Next Step?
If the church approves the master site plan, we would need to raise $500,000 before a building committee would be selected to work with an architect to plan the actual buildings in detail. We have currently raised over $500,000 and are working towards creating a Building Steering Committee. We plan to nominate committee members at the February 25, 2018 congregational meeting. If you would like to be on the committee or a sub-committee, please fill out this bscapplication and return it to Janie Prevatt in the Church office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When Would Construction Begin?
Our plan is to raise half the cost of the building before scheduling groundbreaking.
How Is Money Raised for This Project?
Money given into the TOGETHER WITH GOD building fund are the funds used for this project. TOGETHER WITH GOD donations given to the "Anastasia Baptist Church Island" location are used.
Since we have projects at Anastasia Elkton, and Anastasia 16, how do I know that funds will be used for the proposed family ministry building at the Anastasia Baptist Church island location?
Each location is responsible for raising funds for their respective projects. 90% of the donations given for the island location, are retained for the family ministry building project at the island location, while 10% goes into a shared fund to help the other locations. The other locations have the same arrangement. 90% of what they give is retained for their own locations, and 10% is shared as part of encouraging the growth throughout the entire church body.
To ask a question of the committee email email@example.com